Bible Reading Plan
5 Ways to Dig Deeper
Below are 5 different ways to dig deeper each day. These exercises will encourage meditation. We recommend trying a single idea for a week to find what works best for you. Remember to keep a pen and paper ready to capture any insights that God gives.
1. Underline or highlight key words or phrases in the Bible passage. Use a pen or highlighter to mark new discoveries from the text. Periodically review your markings to see what God is teaching you.
2. Put it into your own words. Read the passage or verse slowly, then rewrite each phrase or sentence using your own words.
3. Ask and answer some questions. Questions unlock new discoveries and meanings. Ask questions about the passage using these words: who, what, why,when, where, or how. Jot down some thoughts on how you would answer these questions.
4. Capture the big idea. God’s Word communicates big ideas. Periodically ask, what’s the big idea in this sentence, paragraph, or chapter?
5. Personalize the meaning. When God speaks to us through the Scriptures, we must respond. A helpful habit is personalizing the Bible through application.
Ask: How could my life be different today as I respond to what I have read?
"All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
May your life be eternally blessed as you read, and meditate, upon His eternal Word.